- Your partner(s) in a marriage.
- Your children (physical/accepted and/or adopted)
- Your parents (physical or by adoption, one can have at most 1 mother and at most 1 father)
- Your siblings (same mother and same father)
- Your half siblings (same mother or same father)
- Your indirect children := level 1: children of your children = grandchildren, or indirect children of your children, level of those + 1)
- Your indirect parents := those you are indirect child of (inheriting the level, e.g. level 1 = grandparents)
- Uncles and aunts := siblings of your parents (also half siblings)
- Nieces, nephews := those you are uncle or aunt of
- Cousins := children of uncles or aunts
- More and more distant relationships may also be defined, like grand-uncles, cou-cousins, etc. But these are not relevant.
The near relatives are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.